Thursday, June 21, 2012

FREE Iced Coffee Day @ Bruegger's

Hey y’all, it is HOT! So get out there and grab some FREE iced coffee!


As some of you may already know, it’s free iced coffee day at Bruegger’s! And if you didn’t know, hurry up and go because it ends at 4:00 PM!  But first you need to print off a coupon, which I have included at the bottom of the page. Yes, the bottom, so you have to read through the whole post to get there! Plus you’ll want to because I am about to review for you TWO of Bruegger’s iced coffee flavors: Kahlua and Vanilla.


Yesterday was equally as hot as today in the District, so I decided to be a paying patron and try Bruegger’s newest flavor of iced coffee, Kahlua. I have had Kahlua coffee before, both the alcoholic kind… and regular Kahlua coffee brewed myself – guess which one I liked more… ANYWAY this post is about the caffeinated kind. 


For those of you who like hazelnut flavored coffee,  Kahlua is a great alternative. It still has that nutty/smokey flavor, but with a slight mocha sweetness. My only complaint from yesterday’s trip to Bruegger’s had nothing to do with the flavor, it had to do with the presentation of the beverage. (Nose stuck up all snooty with an English accent when you say beverage, is there really any other way to say it?) Yesterday, my iced coffee was served to me in a paper cup. Call me high maintenance, (or an polar bear killer, take your pick,) but I want my iced coffee to come in plastic. It’s a lot like wine. Wine should come in a wine glass, not a cup. It truly effects the taste, maybe just in your head, but non-the-less perception plays an important role in judgment.


Today, when I made the trip back for my free iced coffee, without even asking it came in plastic. Maybe they read my mind? Or ran out? I am not sure. If any Bruegger’s insiders know how it is usually served I would be curious to find out (samanthasbrewedawakening@gmail.com).


I walked right up to the counter today at noon-on-the-money and asked for another Kahlua iced coffee. Sold out. Thank goodness I went yesterday too so that I would have something new to review. Today, I got vanilla instead. I do not typically get flavored coffees because I hate-hate-hate the taste of the syrups used at places like Starbucks. Lucky for me, Bruegger’s doesn’t use syrups to flavor their coffee; they use flavor roasted beans instead – much better!


Vanilla isn’t my favorite flavored coffee either; it’s typically a little too sweet for me. Bruegger’s, however, does a great job of adding the flavor (since it is roasted) to combine perfectly with the coffee so that it isn’t vanilla iced coffee, but vanilla-coffee, iced. 


Now hurry! Go grab yourself a free cup at any of the below DC/VA locations before it's too late!



9th St & E St
505 9th Street, NW
Washington, DC 20004

21st & L
2101 L Street NW, Suite RET 101
Washington, DC 20037

Glover Park
2334 Wisconsin Ave. NW
Washington, DC 20007

Liberty Center
818 N Quincy Street
Arlington, VA 22203

Old Town
606 King Street
Alexandria, VA 22314

West Falls Church
7393 Lee Highway
Falls Church, VA 22042

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...