Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Light Roast vs. Dark Roast

A few months ago I learned something interesting about coffee I thought I'd share. I was with my mom on Cape Cod (for Cape Cod coffee shop reviews of Pie in the Sky and Coffee Obsession, click the links and explore!) in wonderful Massachusetts grabbing a cup of coffee after my morning run. We were at Pie in the Sky in Woods Hole in Falmouth, which has lots of different roasts to choose from. I always go for the dark roasts because I prefer the strong, slightly bitter taste. My mom typically goes for the light roasts, because too much caffeine makes her go insane. Well, it turns out we were wrong all along! It is the light roast coffees that have the most caffeine because the longer you roast the beans, the more caffeine burns off. So interesting! But at Pie in the Sky it didn't even matter anyway because we both ordered iced coffees and their iced coffee is just a blend of all the roasts they carry. And it isn't very good. Watery and flavorless. Read more by clicking the links above and stay tuned for new reviews now that I'm back in America!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...