Thursday, December 1, 2011

Egg-Nog Latte

When I got back to the District after Thanksgiving break my friend Andy picked me up from Dulles airport. On our way back to Penn Quarter, we drove past the White House and I almost peed my pants I was so excited to see Christmas trees outside of it all lit up!!

And today marks the first day of December, which in my book is the official start of the holiday season. Around Christmas, everything gets a little special flare. Macy's window displays are a sight to see, Starbucks switches to their red cups, and eggnog is sold in every market. Next time you see a carton of the traditional holiday drink, make sure to pick it up!


Eggnog is delicious in coffee! In can act both as a cream and a sugar since it is a sweetened dairy product. Plus, you will just get a warm fuzzy feeling sipping your eggnog coffee while walking down the street singing Christmas carols in your head.

It also is great in a latte too! But if you're going to make an eggnog latte, make sure to use milk as the base as usual, then add in about 1/4 cup of eggnog for flavor (since it is quite a heavy drink).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...