Thursday, November 24, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving!

Thanksgiving is a very special holiday for so many reasons. For one, it is a truly an American holiday. Everything from the Indians and pilgrims to football and apple pie. But my favorite Thanksgiving tradition isn't carving the Turkey or trying to get the cranberry sauce to stay the perfect shape of a tin can, it's the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade.


As a young girl I used went to the Macy's Day Parade quite a few times. This year, we stayed at home in Massachusetts, but the whole family still got up early to watch it in our cozy home while eating some freshly backed pumpkin bread. Half way through the parade my mom pulled out this old photo album with pictures of the old floats and marching bands on their way through New York City.





And I had to post this in my coffee blog because of this one photo:


It's little eight year old Samantha drinking (not coffee BUT) hot chocolate out of the iconic New York blue coffee cup! Nothing more American than that.


Happy Turkey Day y'all!
(Hopefully none of my family and friends in MA are reading this as I just got a little to southern for Yankees everywhere.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...